This week, Adidas lauched this shoe that honors Red Auerbach and his unprecedented 9 NBA titles. Styled in rich leather, with laser etchings of his famous players, the Celtics logo and his iconic cigar.
- Laser-etched pattern all over upper pays tribute to Red’s famous celebratory cigar, his 16 championships, 938 wins, the retired #2 jersey and the Celtics logo
- Embroidered design on back of tongue features C50C = Chuck Cooper as the first African-American drafted in the NBA in 1950; B66R = Bill Russell as the first African-American NBA coach; and 63FIVE64 = the first all African-American starting 5 in 63-64
- Sockliner features Auerbach’s quote, “I never handle players. You handle animals. You treat players with respect.”
- Each pair is numbered 00-938 on the heel; Silhouette of Red Auerbach from Ceremony in Boston on the heel
- Clear outsole with parquet floor pattern to emulate the Boston Garden floor
- Full grain leather upper for comfort and soft feel
- Men’s Red Auerbach Tribute Shoes is available exclusively at Adidas.com Hurry, only 938 pairs produced!